15 July 2013

LA Angles/Arizona D'Backs MiLB IF Frazier Hall

Describe Your Relationship with God.

- I was raised in a Christian home, but I had to take ownership of the connection with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. I came to a realization that I needed redemption and grace and ever since it's been a daily walk with Christ.

How Important Has God Been to Your Success Both On & Off the Field?

- It's the only way to have true actualizing "success". I believe that it is important to know and understand where your talent comes from. Talent is a gift from God. It is something that you can enhance with a good attitude and hard work, but it is nothing that you can create on your own. God is the one that created me and gave me the talent that I have. My job is to apply a good attitude and hard work to enhance my God-given talent. 

Do You Have Any Favorite Bible Verses?

Matthew 6:33 
"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given" 

Romans 5:12
 - I understand that I have been justified by faith and have gained access to grace. 

Romans 5:3-5
 "We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." 
Finally, to understand that seeking His righteousness is a process of building my own character, that is where In my opinion, "kingdom living" is a daily walk where we don't necessarily transcend from bad to good, but rather from glory to glory. It is a daily walk where we have to embrace the things that God is doing in our lives. 

What Are Your Ambitions for the Future?

- I want to play in the "Bigs" for as long as I can and hopefully one day have the opportunity to be a commentator of the game. While keeping in my mind that I want baseball to be my life's work, I continually desire to seek His kingdom and to live a life of grace. I like the idea that if you are a Christian you can...."remain with God in that state in which you are called..." (1 Corinthians 7:24). I am a baseball player and really like that "state" in which I have been called. My hope is that I can remain in that calling for a very long time. I want to live a solid life and do the things that God has set before me with all my heart, mind and soul. I want to be like King David...a man after God's own heart. 


2MeN